3.07.2016

Sunday Thoughts - kitchen inhabitance


When I'm a mom I'd like to do Sunday soups for the family when it's chilly out. I'll have a big pot of something that simmers most of the day and that everyone feeds off of for late lunch, dinner, and the next day if there's anything left over.

Today we made white bean and barley soup from a recipe I found in Real Simple. It's the second time we've made it and I really love how easy it is. Most of the soups I've loved have been quite simple: winter potage, leek turnip & rice soup, and my mom's mushroom soup.

I've been working from home for a week (with another one to go) due to some apartment issues and by Friday was feeling a little cabin fever. This week I'll combat that by making good use of my kitchen. As I sit here typing this, I have a loaf of bread in the oven and another one proofing and waiting its turn.

Looking forward to tackling this week head-on and finding opportunity to inhabit my apartment and live in each of its spaces in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment