1.04.2015

IKEA Malm Hack

My parents have three IKEA Malm dressers and they sit in my bedroom at home. They are filled with Annie's and my clothing (mostly mine) and though the room is large, with a queen bed, a round bar table, and a desk in the room also, three dressers is so unnecessary. That's just in one room. My mom just packed up a few bags full of clothing to donate and still the place looks like it is about to burst at the seams. I hope to really make more of a dent in my parents' stuff after I complete the move into the apartment. 

We're still pondering over what to do with the dining nook area, but I've come to the realization that needing additional storage space for sweaters, sock, and undies means a wonderful opportunity to (finally) do an IKEA hack AND to get one bulk piece of furniture out of my parents' place! 

Here's the Malm:
Here's the color I'd like to spray paint it: 

We saw this green all over Northern Italy in October on old wooden doors across several town and cities. It is so gorgeous and so deep it's almost a neutral. 

I purchased Krylon in Hunter Green with a gloss finish but after some Google Images browsing, have decided that it isn't the right fit for this project. That's all right. I found another color, Deep Forest from Montana Gold, at Dick Blick on Bond St. (awesome store, btw). Hoping for good weather these next few weekends so I can get outside and get to spraying! 



No comments:

Post a Comment