12.16.2010

Winding down

I've decided that actually, I hate winter. I'm trying to find a better way to make myself get out of bed in the morning, which so far in its development means a routine of 2 alarms with varying sounds, start times, and snooze lengths. The worst is when I sleep through both.

But tomorrow is the first day of a 4 day weekend, hallelujah. Maybe I'll catch up with holiday tasks:

Christmas cards - I figure since I'm an adult..
Wrapping gifts - my favorite past time
Buying gifts - not so fun this year
Spreading cheer - duh

Monday night I have plans for Marlow & Sons as part of a table for 4. On Tuesday, after my first rock climbing experience (thrilling), we ate at Diner next door because the very nice, very tall host at Marlow said there would be an hour wait. Now I'm not sure if I've written about this place before, but it is one of my favorite places on the earth, a list so dear to me that includes El Morro's lawn, my grandma's patio, and Magnolia's in Rochester. I stake my claim as a new york city foodie on this menu.



I'm on the night time 7 train going to Main Street, where Christmas has little presence. There's something to be said about the consistency of activity in Chinese neighborhoods - we don't care what day it is.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment