12.13.2010

Macy's Herald Square

Has a wonderful light display on its south-facing wall: the word "Believe" spelled out in shining cursive. It's the last sign I needed to really get it - it's Christmas.

Today I started my last week of training, after which I will be considered fully on board, no longer a new hire. I wonder where I'll go from here, what's next after all of these months of learning. The class that I've made this journey with is pretty close, and I'm sad I won't have them all in one place once a month after this Thursday.

The second to last of my gifts to K has shipped today, according to my email notice, but still I'm incredibly intimidated by the long-planned and much-labored over series of gifts he's wrapped in butch paper for me. (My favorite). He's been inspired for quite some time now, he says. How do you let someone like that go?

This holiday is going to be more than contradictory considering this: whatever I give to him will be a part of his life after I no longer am.

Given that fact, do I give of myself or do I give kind wishes? (And condoms?) The former breeds too much hope, the latter kills it all.

It's nice to know my city encourages me to believe in the universe.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment