8.08.2016

Summertime

Hello August!

So crazy that this summer is already well underway. I started a job on a new team within my company in July so I've been wrapped up in learning the new business, names, and projects. Meanwhile, summer was happening to me and all around me. 

A new Nordic food hall opened up in Grand Central coupled with a fancy restaurant that just received a 3-star New York Times review. We're going this Saturday for Kev's birthday. 


I continued to go to pottery, wrestling with my impatience on the wheel, bringing clay to hand build at home, and experimenting with painting designs in underglaze. 


Annie turned 21. We took her to Roberta's for her first ever visit to our favorite joint. 


The houseplants we bought either died or thrived in our jungle-like apartment that traps heat and humidity. Ceramic pieces are piling up on this bench. We drank a lot of white wine or chilled red. 


We attended a wedding in Buffalo, work happy hours, birthdays and dinners and when we were tired, hung out on the couch as a little family. 

We watched Stranger Things on Netflix. We finished this season of Game of Thrones, the Bachelorette, House of Cards, and are starting on The Night Of. 


I started listing more ceramics pieces on my Etsy shop and to my delight, selling a few. 


We've eaten out a bit less this season but have gone to a few standby favorites like Diner, Egg, Roberta's. 

Kev took the guys to dinner at Minetta Tavern to ask that they be his groomsmen and I managed to surprise him for the first time ever with a gift bottle of champagne. We created a wedding website, sent out Save the Dates, and secured a florist and lighting vendor. 


We haven't baked bread because I can't control the rise time with an 85 degree kitchen. I look forward to baking again in the fall. 


The below cactus ring holder is something I've sold and started to make more of. That's on the list for later this month.


No comments:

Post a Comment