12.25.2012

Today I'd like to wear

A lady dress.

Dress by Giambattista Valli. On sale now, at Matches

I read my AMNY horoscope every morning when I sit down at my desk. I don't know what it is about Aquarians but I swear everyone is my mother. No matter the source, I often find myself being warned about spending too thriftily. As if the stars have made me frivolous with my finances. One specifically said to stay away from after-Christmas sales because I've spent quite enough in December. FINE.

Christmas has been exhausting this time around. I think this was because I was very wrapped up in settling into a new job all fall and didn't begin planning for the holiday season early the way I usually like to. I ended up not very thrilled with some of the gifts I gave to Kevin although the upholstered chair for his desk looks great in its new home outside of the box.

The past two days have been filled with family, and all the love and frustration that come along with that. I think he and I each rescued the other from stress more than once - another reason it's good to have someone love you this time of year.

New Year's is the next thing. Never a big thing, for us. Not interested in the party scene shitshow, but still I'd like to wear something sparkly, even if I'll also be wearing slippers and glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment