11.02.2011

Hi my name is Sisyphus

God the past 36 hours have been nonstop awful thing after awful thing. My head feels like it wants to detach from my body and float off into clouds, the kind carrying rain storms, the kind that are heavy and whose insides feel like drowning.

It has been at least 8 years since I have last experienced the frustration of a busy signal. For the past 2 days I've been trying to get a 2012 table at Rao's to no avail. The sound of hopelessness is that tone, who knew? I think I detect a budding nervous tick, picking up my phone and dialing that number at times before I realize it.

I'm curled up with my coat lazing open, channeling a tightly wound ball of yarn, sitting in one segment of a platform bench, freezing. I have 4 sweaters in my bag, one or none of which are for me. Holiday shopping: a different brand of excess. My colors this season are white and gold, with a black trim or pop. Grown up, isn't it?

Below: cool couples
via theglamourai


No comments:

Post a Comment