2.22.2011

Round up, and a recipe

I haven’t baked any sweets yet, but my February list is otherwise satisfied. Baking, I’ve got a week to do. I’m thinking something along the lines of cranberry oatmeal cookies.

Yesterday I spent time cleaning my bedroom, but somehow my brand of cleaning makes all the surfaces cluttered, all the drawers tidier, and pulls out 6 dresses for 3 days in Puerto Rico. Tonight, for just an hour, I’ll work on the surfaces. Then I’ll get back to my knitting.

Yes, I went to my neighborhood yarn store yesterday, for its Yarn Riot sale, and came home with lots of great spools. Not sure what all of it will go towards making, but my mom is already cracking, crocheting a drapey sweater for me and lining up some snoods and baby bonnets. My jumping bug mother.

Recipe courtesy of Food Network
Rated 5 stars with 51 reviews!

Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon cardamom
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup dried cranberries

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients. Add to butter mixture and stir until well blended. Add dried cranberries. Drop by teaspoonsful onto parchment covered baking sheet. Bake about 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool.

Makes 5 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment