11.04.2010

My rainy day list

Rainy morning, on which the sidewalks are loving this overdue cleanse and the air begrudgingly soaks up the dusts and smells lifted from them, to settle, drain, and clear again, as much as city air can clear.

I cannot wait to get home tonight, though I do not regret being at work. I just would like to reengage in my rituals of homemaking (and ASAP). The masking tape remains on my upper walls, which are impatiently waiting for my lazy self to paint the ceiling. There's a closet outside my bedroom door that needs much attention - St. Mary's, here come some bags of clothing. My mother will donate also. My stack of magazines from this summer needs to be flipped through and stripped of its pretty contents so what's left may be recycled. My sister, who is beginning to show the pack-rat tendencies that my dad once littered our DNA with, may be an obstacle here. I myself cycle through unpredictable extremes of collecting and discarding, a little of each of my parents.

Already, tomorrow is Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment