4.30.2017

Black Jumpsuits as the Perfect Day-to-Night Pieces

It's no secret that I absolutely love jumpsuits. Like dresses (which I also love), they provide an entire outfit in one garment. Even better than dresses, they allow you to sit Indian style and do high kicks with abandon. At one point in my life, the period when I had three jumpsuits in my closet, I decided that I should stop buying jumpsuits because maybe four would be too many for one person.

I don't know when I changed my mind but I have not looked back. In fact, one of my favorite tricks is wearing black jumpsuits to work with a cardigan or blazer for a perfectly professional daytime look that transitions seamlessly for afterwork plans. 

When I traded fashion public relations in the heart of Soho for banking in Midtown, I had to get used to wearing suits five days a week. And because my weeknight plans were often downtown, I quickly went to fitting right in to feeling out of place when stepping streetside after the subway ride down. I hated it and missed being able to express my style. 

If only I knew then what I know now. Black jumpsuits are a secret weapon. Below a round up of ones that I'd add to my closet in a snap.

Doreen Jumpsuit from the Reformation, $248

Fulton Jumpsuit from the Reformation, $248
Kimono sleeve jumpsuit from Asos, $56 (reduced from $76)

Crew-neck Jumpsuit from Norma Kamali, $160
Cropped Jumpsuit from Zara, $49.90

No comments:

Post a Comment