11.28.2015

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and this year I took Black Friday off for a full four day weekend which I haven't had in years. Day 3 of this weekend has already been quite productive: we spent the morning cleaning the apartment. I ran around the house in workout clothes as I was vacuuming like a mad woman.

We made two dishes for Thanksgiving this year and they were both successes! I got out of work a little early on Wednesday and stopped at Eataly for fancy mushrooms and a cool bottle of wine. We made a mushroom barley appetizer for lunch with Kev's mom's side. For dinner with his dad's side, we made a cranberry sorbet from Jeni's ice cream cookbook. It's made with fresh or frozen cranberries, grapefruit juice and peel, and sugar. We'd made it once before and I thought it came out too sweet so we cut the sugar by a third.. it came out wonderfully tart and was a hit!

we doubled this recipe from Bon Appetit, photo from the mag
So far today, I've made us both breakfast and coffee, we've watched an episode of the new Netflix show Jessica Jones, and I've crocheted a bit more of our Christmas tree skirt. That project has given me a small blister on my thumb because I've been rushing to finish it as soon as possible, so I've tried to take it easy by alternating between that and a new knit hat.

Later today, Annie will come over to stay for the night. I've got the ingredients for the delicious oatmeal cranberry cookies I found on Smitten Kitchen for us to bake together. Tomorrow, I'll be seeing friends from elementary school as one of them is in town from LA.

These four days have shaped up to be the best kind of staycation in my hyper productive mind - a busy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment