5.06.2013

Cooking

The kitchen in my apartment is spacious and welcoming, save for the buzzing of the fluorescent light which sometimes bothers me at night when I'm up to get water. I've been cooking much more in an attempt to spend less on food and to wonderful and fun results. I've emulsified and poached, marinated, trimmed and simmered.

I used to always say I wanted to cook more, and in my mind it was such an endeavor. But doing it I've learned it can be really easy (as long as you wash dishes as you work).

Two weeks ago I joined Quinciple, a weekly delivery service that sends you a box of ingredients and recipes cards to go along with them. I expect this won't be a long term thing, but it's a fun way to get more adventurous while I'm getting more adventurous, you know?

Below, two recent dishes.



No comments:

Post a Comment