3.24.2013

Indoors and outdoors

Work was hectic last week, and I, cold and all, got through each day just all right and each morning was heartened by the nearness of the weekend. Lily & Matt stayed with me last night, and their early morning buses allowed Kev & I to go to Egg for a delicious breakfast without having to wait an hour (we waited 45 minutes).

He's napping now but earlier we'd started the Studio Ghibli film Ponyo, which I kept interrupting so that I could capture screen shots of the beautiful frames. I expect we'll finish this movie over dinner when he wakes up. I wonder how many rows of knitting I can get in in the meantime.

Last night's dinner was at Post Office, and the large pickle plate we ordered seemed a funny thing at first but what came was a varied and interesting spread of pickled fruits and vegetables that turned into a little guessing game by candlelight. The four of us laughed over Lil & Matt's misfortunes turned fortunes from their trip to DR, her sunglasses tan, and his exclamation of "mis amigos!" upon seeing a bus-full of friends while they were stopped at a $12 toll booth with $11 in their pockets. The food was good and filling.

It was cold but it was okay. It's spring and I've loved this winter.


the counter at Egg


I started 2 knitting projects simultaneously and decided I needed to spend time on both today, also simultaneously.


tiled facade


wire lights on my bed frame

No comments:

Post a Comment