8.08.2012

Montauk

This year's trip was only a weekend long, as I just started my new job and don't have any vacation days yet. K and I watched Wes Anderson's The Darjeeling Limited (good) and rode the LIRR standing up (bad) until ticketless riders left their seats to avoid the conductor (lucky).

Both nights I was there we all stayed up until dawn, inventing a drinking game in which you and your team are timed for doing somersaults. There were sore necks and backs in the aftermath.

We returned to Clam Bar, now a touchstone of summer in my mind, Memory Motel, changed by its new hotspot status and Momofuku Milk Bar neighbor, and Ruschmeyers, the impossibly pretty hotel for impossibly pretty and privileged people.

And I've decided: watching the sun rise is better than watching the sun set.

No comments:

Post a Comment