12.09.2010

Fetes des Lumieres


Yesterday was the Festival of Lights in Lyon, France, and last night I spent a half hour at the Union Square Holiday Market, where I walked around the circularly plotted booths, all of which had freezing, smiling shopkeepers, and enjoyed a hot apple cider for which I later traded a Trader Joe's $3 Merlot. I'm interested in the shops at Columbus Circle, which I think should be my next stop.

After the market, Cat and I went to Whole Foods for dinner, where we talked about men, and came to the realization that it's all about the grammar (and spelling). How telling as to why some previous relationships failed. But isn't it so true? If the man can't spell, or uses the wrong your/you're, then 1) I have to fight the urge to correct him, 2) my insides cringe for the both of us, and 3) I feel like a mother. No. I need someone intellectually strong.

Before going home, we stopped at the Trader Joe's Wine Shop, where I promptly grabbed a cart and loaded it up with 7 bottles before even hitting the aisles. I had to put some back and leave eventually, but not before buying 4 bottles of wine for $18. My wine pantry (a corner) is now full of bottles <$5, and that's all right with me. Actually, I consider it a triumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment