12.26.2010

Snow day

Here is the scene outside currently, with the snow falling steadily, steadily, accumulating throughout the day and coming night to what we're told is going to be over a foot. It's pretty now, as I write at the table facing my bay window, but tomorrow's commute to work may not be so pleasant. 


I'd had plans with K to have a lazy day, after the packed weekend of holiday ado, but the weather had other plans for us. I'm upset, he's upset, we're both bored and lonely. If forced to stay indoors, what shall I do today?

I'm reading one of 2 books I took out from the Queens Library on Friday, (due Jan 21st, must remember) after paying $20.25 in fees from a previous set of books. It sucked to pay, but given the fact that my local branch had to lay off 9 of its full time workers due to lack of funds recently, part of me felt good about paying. Anyways, the book is called Hating Olivia, by Mark SaFranko, and through 4 chapters I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it. 


More to come throughout this cabined day.

Update 3:08pm - Lunch of Arugula and Parmagiano Reggiano Ravioli


Update 3:30pm - Knitting and watching news updates on the storm; being told the storm is really a blizzard, with strong wind gusts that may pull down trees and affect subways, and to hunker down where you'll be tonight by 6pm. Bamboo in front yard going crazy outside my window. 


Update 6:21pm - Read an NYT article about Chongqing, China, where my mom was born. She hasn't ever been back there, and from the sound of the place, I'm both fascinated and intimidated. Not that the city is on itinerary of my near future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment