11.10.2010

Thursday eve

Work was great today, and I'm on my way to the doctor with my new insurance card, which is exciting for me. I asked the front office if they were "in network" and felt like an adult.

The train that I am on just broke the surface, and I find myself in the last moments of daylight. There is a very drunk, very sloppy man sitting next to me on the floor of the car. He has a beer can in a paper bag and is repeating words like "mandatory" and "surprise."

Last week I had another strange encounter with a high-on-meds man who tried to swallow a bag of coins and then told me to watch out for Greg because "Greg is a fox hunter, and he looks for foxes and then hunts them. So if Greg ever asks you to do something with him tell him you won't." I believe Greg is a stand in for many a man. Nice girls like me, he said, need to watch out for Greg. And he was really worried, and I felt that despite the dilated pupils. So Greg, I'm wise to you.

Encounters like these are always stranger in hindsight, like the time I went to retrieve my cell phone from a cab company in Chinatown and accidentally found myself standing in the middle of a gambling ring.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment