11.28.2010

Sunday thoughts

jak&jil
It always takes a couple of seconds for me to realize I'm not horrifically late for work when I wake up on weekend mornings. This Wednesday is when I'll be taking my notary test, for which I'll have to memorize an exorbitant amount of legalese that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. For now, I'm jamming to Pandora and cleaning my bedroom at a snail's pace, not that it's a huge mess to begin with.

Saw so many old friends this weekend, and I made a conscious effort to get out into the world and keep my dates. It felt good, and I got 2 amazing rompers out of it all. It makes me laugh, the fact that there are only so many situations in life where wearing a romper is appropriate, and now I have 3 in my wardrobe. I think that's my max romper capacity.

At Boqueria, I had their seasonal sangria with brandied cranberries, and at Trailer Park Lounge, I had an encounter with a mannequin head that took a while to recover from. I went to Public House for free beers on a friend's company and entered a raffle for Jets tickets. I ended last night jogging down a Seaport street, then played a very difficult drinking game involving 3s and 7s, and had my mind blown by someone I thought I knew inside out - it was incredible.

The sun's out, but it's freezing in New York today. After a couple of errands, I'll probably end up on the couch watching football for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment