11.20.2010

low key

After Five pants from Anthropologie
At 10pm I began to get sleepy. My drowsiness halfway went away after a little bit of late sitcom consumption, and in hindsight I wish I'd opened up my bottle of some-kind-of-Chilean red wine.

I messaged my college roommate who now lives with her boyfriend in Boston to see if she was still awake. This was at 10:30pm. She messaged me back that she was at home watching a movie and about to go to bed. We're old, we agreed.

Not so old, just tired.

Tomorrow afternoon I'll be on the teacher end of parent-teacher conferences at the Saturday school that I teach at on weekends, and I've really no idea how I am going to get through each meeting, especially since most of the parents are Chinese-speaking and I have the proficiency level of someone less than their child's age in my native tongue. Crap.

Although tonight is just the beginning of the weekend, I somehow already feel it ending.

Anyways, I've been reading a book called Red Azalea about Mao-era China that is slowly breaking my heart.

If you're wondering, that Magnolia's cupcake was decadent and over-sweet. Of course one overlooks the over-sweetness to luxuriate in the decadence.

I want these pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment