10.20.2010

I pass out on the subway every day

Really dangerous, I know.

My best option to combat how deep I sleep while on public transportation is to get to sleep earlier at night, which is really hard for me to do because I feel that is MY time after all of my hours in the office.

I always have lofty plans, such as manicure, hair treatment, catch up on blogs, cook dinner, clean, and shower before bed. Usually by the time I get home I'm so tired I can't even bring myself to change out of my suit until hours later, and instead of doing all of those things, I shower just before bed and go to sleep with sopping wet hair. Sucks.

I should try to be realistic, in all the plans I make for myself, because while it was okay (and okay is questionable) to overload on courses in college to pursue 2 majors and the myriad certificates and minor I got, it's really taking a toll on me in real life. I know why I do it. There's something in me that drives me to chase productivity doggedly, and there's nothing more I hate than the feeling of wasting time. The word wasteful is so full of meaning to me, so unnatural and so attractive in a way. I think I'm afraid if I let myself be wasteful even a bit I'd be too lazy to do anything at all.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment