9.10.2010

Reflection - End of week 2

After today I'll have completed my first pay period at this new job, though I only started last Wednesday and Monday was a holiday. That means six days of suits. Today's is my favorite, a navy pencil skirt and schoolboy blazer. I dread with the guilt of an addict the prospect of buying more work attire.

Hadn't I taken my J. Crew job with the object to build a real world wardrobe? Why am I lacking clothes after a year of employee discount? Could it be because I've been buying according to my usual taste instead, of whimsy, color, feel, and construction? Yes, and I must refocus.

Fall is truly at this year's doorstep, and I welcome all its color and crisp. Even the tinge of sadness in its clear skies and cool nights. Always the promise of homecoming, and pumpkin spice lattes.

This season, I'm loving ochre, camel, and Mississippi mud brown. Alexa Chung for Madewell has a great camel coat, Greta, with a lean silhouette and bracelet sleeves. J. Crew's many iterations in Mediterranean Olive continue to fill me with happiness, especially the Coddington platform pump. I'm still undecided about Chanel's trio of khaki polishes, debuting today for Fashion's Night Out '10, but with that $25 price tag, I'll have to pass, and let Essie in Jazz carry me through to winter.

Summer's last hurrah, that much delayed clambake, is finally on the calendar for Sunday afternoon. I look forward to sweet corn, seafood, and summer beers and cold white wine. It will be a labor of love, and perhaps one of the last feats K and I have left in us as a couple, as the fighting spirit slowly turns to real conversations about endings. That world of sadness is not for this post, so I'll leave it at this: we really do make a great team.

Tonight I drink to that.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment