8.06.2010

Something to look forward to

K's 23rd birthday is next weekend, and I am very very excited to be doing a Stove-top Clambake for it. My original idea involved mint juleps and the daunting task of carving a whole chicken by myself, so when this Martha Stewart recipe came along just days before Montauk, I took it as a sign. As a result, this Deep South Soiree celebration is now a Beach Bash/Clam Jam. 


Also on the menu, a green salad, grilled asparagus, and summer berries. 


For drinks, summer brew beer and limonata.


For dessert, lemon sorbet cups topped with a scoop of vanilla. 


For a gift? I have no idea... K is very hard to shop for. Needs nothing, wants less. 


For decorations, I'm trying to think of a crafty and frugal way to make the deck happy and birthday. I've already proposed sunflowers bunches and had the idea promptly shut down. Time to bring out the string and scissors for signage. Besides that, I'm hoping to sneak a couple of bud vases with peonies onto the table, and perhaps I can get away with a blossom in my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment