7.19.2010

a rare real weekend

A friend came to town to visit from Virginia this past weekend, and we spent Friday night out, then all of Saturday in the heat-wave roasted streets of SoHo, wandering, shopping, eating, being hung over. Funny how in the city you can walk five miles and never know it until you feel your joints aching at the end of the day. We left my house together Sunday morning, she for home, I for Yankee Stadium for a Yanks/Rays day game. Again, it was very very hot. Only one beer and a win later, we were downtown again, this night ending at the High Line Park after a meal at Fig & Olive.


I'd been complaining aloud lately that I haven't done much this summer, acting like an old lady, sleeping early, getting tired when out, and generally losing the party in me. This weekend took a lot out of me, and each day felt like a long desert journey of sorts, but it was really fun.




emporio, mott & prince


brioche french toast with fresh fruit and yogurt compote

guava frizzante

next to the standard grill

colors

women and children

No comments:

Post a Comment