7.26.2010

I need to pack very early

I'm staying up a little late tonight to pack for a 5 day trip to Montauk on Friday. In the early years of vacationing I thought I could get by with throwing things into my suitcase the night before my flight out, staying up all night to make sure I sleep on the plane. It kind of worked, but most of the time it didn't. It took me some years, but I've accepted that I am just not gifted at last minute packing. In fact, I'm such a bad packer that for the past few trips I've taken, (Jamaica, Rochester, Boston), I've started to gather things a week or even two before my departure date. Because of this, and miraculously, my packing was superb for those three trips! Concise, weather appropriate, efficient.


Montauk is an especially hard trip to pack for. I have to account for beachwear, hot days, cool nights, going out, and dressy dinners. In any given day, I have to change anywhere from 2 to 4 times. Challenging.


But I cannot wait to return to the Atlantic Ocean.

photo courtesy of ezleeamuzed@deviantart

No comments:

Post a Comment