5.27.2010

incremental

I care about certain things deeply, like having alone time with my Mac in the morning, painting my nails late at night once a week, having something to read or to write on with me at all times. I also care about my kitchenware. Mugs, mostly, and bowls. My homebody homemaker self comes out.


I have come to care more about learning new things than I ever noticed in myself before. I don't online shop in my free time nearly as much as I used to, which is to say, a lot lot less. I'm getting back into learning Italian, which is to say, io non parlo l'Italiano. But I'm trying, which is something. I'm reading again, Hemingway at the moment, rediscovering the small pleasure in turning pages until you come to the last.


I think, perhaps, I'm growing up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment